Friday 18 April 2008

Twenties and Single!




I think I’m finally ready for a serious relationship. What made me come to this conclusion you might ask? Maybe it might be the 101 couples I see everyday, holding hands, kissing and just being painstakingly in love. Sometimes I wish these people could get a room. Hmm, I think this is a sign of jealousy on my part because I crave this type of male attention. But not just from anyone but from someone I am actually dating.

Take yesterday afternoon, I was invited to a baby shower/lunch at a restaurant in the city with some colleagues. As I was enjoying my tasteful meatball sandwich my colleague and I were invited to watch a 20 minute show of frolicking, tie fixing and thigh caressing from a young couple seated directly in front of us. Someone's jealous you might say? Damn right I was. I was bloody pissed off that the girl wasn't me. Instead of appreciating young love, my colleague and I decided to start a half an hour marathon session of full throttle male bashing. Out of the 12 women at the baby shower/lunch, we were the only 2 singletons in attendant. The rest were either married or in a loving relationship.


If I'm spending most of my time male bashing with my singletons then when will this man fall into my lap I ask myself? Well I have to stop being so negative about men. I have a problem with judging guys in the 1st instance that I meet them. I don’t search for the positives always negatives. My motto from this day forward is to stop criticizing and making judgments upon men that I meet. I might have already scared THE ONE anyway........!
I very much doubt that though!


Until next time....

Elle, Writer and Editor

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

DONT WORRY HUN! I FEEL DA SAME WAY! COUPPLES SHOULD HAVE CONSIDERATION 4 DA LOANLY GIRLS AND GET A MOTHER F**@*#* ROOM!!! Y SHOULD WE B EXPOSED TO LOVE WEN WE AINT GOT NONE! I RECKON WE SHOULD PREPARE OURSELVES 4 B'N SINGLE 4 ANOTHER2/3 YEARS (JUST INCASE LOL!
POSITIVE THINKING! YEAH RIGHT!! LOL! (FR Mz LOANY!HORNEY!S I N G L E SE'LONDON!)

Elle said...

Atleast someone feels the same as me. But 2/3 years boyyy that it waaay too long!!! I need some attention. By the way mz loany is this who I think it is?? lol