Monday 7 April 2008

Scared of.....


Okay so where do I start with this; this is a hard topic for me because it’s something I’ve been trying to keep in the back of my mind for a long time.

.......Have you ever liked someone so much that your stomach hurt just thinking about them? I am not talking about the butterflies that you get when you have a crush on someone. I’m talking about feeling as if you are on cloud 9 every time you see their face or hear their name. If the answer to that is yes then you might be falling in love or you are in love.

But how do you utter these four letter words that are meant to be the most beautiful and meaningful words that will ever leave your mouth, without feeling as if you just have to crawl under a hole and die if those words aren’t reciprocated. Well I don’t have an answer to that question if that's what your wondering.

I think most people are scared to be the first to say this four letter word. We are scared of the reply of a simple "thank you" like we have just paid them a compliment. For me it’s the scary thought that he might just think that I’ve completely lost it and have become too attached. I have this major fear of rejection; I need to know that the person I’m in love with feels the same as me. I have come close to saying this four letter word in several occasions but that fear instilled in me has kept me on the hush. I will probably stay mute until they say it first. However, we forget that men are scared to say this four letter word too.

If you think that you are ready to say these words then you should just go for it. But who I'm I to tell you this. I think time will tell just how confident I will be to share these feelings with that special someone. It might be sooner than I know or maybe it could be in a couple of years, I don’t think I’m ready to loose my dignity just yet if I don’t hear back the words that I yearn to hear.

But for now that four letter word will keep on haunting me until I can say it or as you might have noticed even to write it.

But until then.......

Elle, Writer and Editor

No comments: